Check out Website Grader, a free SEO tool by HubSpot that generates reports about your website or blog. This tool measures the marketing effectiveness of your website/blog and provides a score based on metrics like website traffic, SEO, popularity, web ranking, etc… The report offers a few suggestions and advice on how you can improve your website. You can also compare your website with competing websites to see how your score compares with theirs.
Tip: If you enter your email address when you generate a report, HubSpot will email you a link to the report that you can access later. You can compare new reports with previous reports to see if your website has made any progress or improvement.
Here are some of the information included in the report:
- Metadata—Metadata tells the search engine what your website is about.
- Heading Summary—Heading tags help search engines identify the content of your website.
- Image Summary—Search engine crawlers can’t see images unless you use the “alt” attribute in the image HTML tag.
- Google Page Rank—Ranks popularity of your website based on the number of other website linking to yours.
- Google Indexed Pages—The number of pages on your blog indexed by Google. The more the better.
- Traffic Rank—Your website rank according to Alexa.
- Inbound Links—The number of websites linking to your website.
- Blog Ranking—Your blog rank according to Technorati.
- Del.ico.us Bookmarks—Number of times your website was bookmarked in del.icio.us.
- Digg.com Submission—Number of articles from your website submitted to Digg.
I’ve been running Shanghai Tech Writer through this tool for several months and have been making several improvements in SEO ranking. Check out my progress!
November 8, 2008
September 14, 2008
July 26, 2008