Filed Under: Google, Job Posting
1653 visits, 2 today
Want to work for Google? There’s an opening for an Enterprise Technical Documentation Manager in Mountain View.
As an Enterprise Technical Documentation Manager, you’ll be a key contributor to our customers’ success and adoption of fast-growing Google Apps and Chromebooks product lines. You will manage a team of writers who develop engaging guides, articles, user interface text, and online help for administrators and users. In this job, you interact with product managers, engineering, support deployment, other operations groups to definite team deliverables, priorities, and processes. You will also contributed to the writing and editing of the product documentation and be a member of the product teams. We look for talented managers who are strong advocates for the information experience, possess excellent writing abilities, and enjoy developing their teams.
- Drive team’s documentation strategies, workflow, and team roles to provide the best user experience.
- Represent the writers to Engineering, Product Management and Operations groups through team goals, metrics, processes, and project teams.
- Support writers in their relationships with stakeholders and their access to resources, and information.
- Develop the team of writers; recruit and manage staff and contractors.
- Write, publish and maintain high-quality documentation and online content, and ensure material is accessible to users.
- BA/BS degree (In lieu of degree, 8 years relevant work experience).
- 3 years of managing writers or editors in a production environment.
- Experience with writing for the web and working with HTML.
- 7 years of relevant experience in technical writing, product documentation, online publishing, or technical blogging.
- Proven leadership ability and teamwork skills.
- Experience writing for networking, email, or security systems products.
- Copyediting and substantive editing skills.
We’ve helped over 30 million employees at three million organizations around the world to “go Google.” As masters of cloud computing, the Enterprise team helps small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies discover the wonders of “the cloud” and work smarter through Google Apps. Our technical and sales teams design and implement solutions for these organizations with custom features, security and support — all with Google’s philosophy of innovation and ease of use in mind.