Filed Under: Google, Job Posting
1051 visits, 3 today
There’s an opening for a managerial position with the editorial team in Google Mountain View.
Working within our Advertising Operations function, you help the wider Global Advertising & Product Operations team better serve Google’s worldwide user base for our AdWords product. This fast-paced sales and support team quickly identifies and resolves customer concerns and contributes to the growth of our programs. You continue to hone your account management and relationship-building skills, supporting some of Google’s top advertisers and agencies by providing the best possible service via phone, email, or chat. Your responsibilities range from managing advertiser accounts, developing compelling advertising solutions for brand advertisers, to developing scalable support solutions. You work within a diverse team with colleagues throughout Europe, sharing your advanced knowledge of Google products and advising your clients on the best strategy for them to achieve their desired results. Among your many attributes, you are a self-starter who is comfortable with a rapidly changing environment, and you have a strong desire to learn. You also boast experience in customer service, sales, marketing, or consulting.
Google’s Editorial Content team empowers Google’s millions of customers to improve their daily lives and grow their businesses using Google products, by creating and publishing customer-focused content. In this role, you will lead this central team that collaborates with cross-functional partners and local market teams on Google AdWords and related ads products. You will direct and participate in editorial strategy creation and implementation, bring a user-focused perspective to content creation, and bring Google products to life for our customers through content.
You will oversee end-to-end, brand-right content delivery for Google products/features, and balance the needs of Product Management, Customer Support operations, Sales, Marketing, and Legal, to create content for the AdWords help center as the AdWords product itself. You will focus on our customer needs and continuously improve content to increase customer comprehension, product adoption and issue resolution. You will be a key leader for the AdWords Online Help team, and participate in overall strategy, team development, and people management.
This is a team manager role with significant responsibility; strategic thinking, business sense, and management experience are required. You will have strong knowledge of customer-focused communications, online content development/management and rich media.
- Manage a team of editors and content management specialists; guide team by providing strategic direction, editorial leadership, team building, skills growth opportunities and career development support
- Direct content strategy and content creation process for key customer communications including online help, UI text, customer emails, blogs, user guides, learning curriculums and others
- Manage team’s content portfolio and priorities, and allocate work across the team, balancing customer experience, product, support and sales objectives with operational and technical capabilities. Work closely with international managers of the Help Center properties to incorporate country-specific customer feedback into the english version of the content
- Serve as key partner to cross-functional team leaders: evangelize a customer-centric approach to content creation, represent team objectives across the organization, and partner with stakeholders on content guidelines
- Monitor and manage performance of the online help content base; identify and oversee content projects to improve performance
- BA/BS degree. In lieu of degree 10 years of work experience including online content, production, or marketing communications and/or management consulting experience.
- 4 years team management experience.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills; ability to build strong relationships with cross functional partners and influence senior leaders.
- Strong leadership ability and project management of complex, cross-functional initiatives.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, impeccable business judgment and understanding of user-centered design strategies.
When our millions of advertisers and publishers are happy, so are we! As small business experts, we help get local entrepreneurs on the map, and deliver a beautifully simple, intuitive experience that enables customers to grow their businesses with us. By spotting and analyzing customer needs and trends, our innovative teams of strategists, account developers and customer support specialists work together on scalable solutions for each business, no matter its age or size.